What is a Trend?
A pattern of gradual change in a condition, output, or process, or an average or general tendency of a series of data points to move in a certain direction over time, represented by a line or curve on a graph. ( Business Dictionary )
According to HONGKIAT.COM, the hottest trends in 2013 include:
- Why You Need to Prioritize Responsive Design Right Now
- Responsive Web Design Techniques, Tools and Design Strategies
- Get to Know More About Responsive Web Design - Why, when, and how to use RWD
- Understanding the Elements of Responsive Web Design
- What The Heck Is Responsive Web Design? - A simple guide help you understand RWD
Fixed Header Bars
- Fixed Headers and Navigation Bars Used in Web Design
- The Benefits of a Fixed Header Bar
- Don't use position:fixed headers on long form articles - However, I don't think it's a problem 'cause most people scroll the page instead of using pageUp/pageDown.
Large Photo Background
- Should I Use a Large Background for my Website?
- Creating Responsive Websites with Photo Backgrounds
- New Fave Design Trend - Large Photo Background Websites
- Benefits and Common Mistakes of Using Large Background Images - Ensure it works fine with various screen resolutions.
Minimalist Landing Pages
- The Landing Page: Why Less is More
- Minimalist Landing Page Design
- Best Minimal Websites
- Principles Of Minimalist Web Design, With Examples
Social Media Badges
- The Importance Usage of Social Media Sharing
- How to Display Social Media Buttons
- What are badges and should you be using them?
- How to Integrate Social Media With Your SEO Campaign
Homepage Feature Tours
- Mediafire - Online storage
- Axure RP - Interactive wireframe Software
- Logdown - Blog platform using Markdown language
- Tile - A small device helping you find lost stuff